Total Recipe Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces cooked beef pot roast or brisket
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Chopped fresh basil (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEEFY ITALIAN STUFFED SHELLS
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set aside. Shred beef pot roast with two forks.
- Meanwhile, combine pot roast, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and garlic in large bowl.
- Fill shells evenly with beef mixture. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom of 11 X 7-inch glass baking dish. Arrange shells in dish; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 375°F oven 20 minutes or until Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil, if desired.