Traditionally Mediterranean ingredients like feta and olives are mixed into a salad in a unique presentation.
- Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled herb-flavored feta cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared regular or reduced fat non-creamy Italian dressing or other vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
- 4 pita breads, toasted
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEDITERRANEAN BEEF AND SALAD PITA
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour off drippings.
- Add lettuce, cheese, dressing and olives to beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef mixture.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.