TAMPA, Fla. — Prices at the pump are holding steady, declining only fractions of a penny over the weekend. Gas prices throughout the United States averaged $2.35 on Sunday. The national average is 1-cent more than last week, 22 cents more than last year.
Visit the AAA Newsroom
- GasPrices.AAA.com – Daily national, state, and metro gas price averages.
- AAA Mobile app – Free app that shows current prices at a gas station near you.
- The highest national average price for gasoline, so far this year was $2.42 on April 21; the lowest was $2.23 on July 5.
- The highest average price in Florida, so far this year, was $2.47 on April 21; the lowest was $2.13 on July 17.
- The highest average price in Georgia, so far this year, was $2.29 on April 14; the lowest was $2.08 on July 5.
- The highest average price in Tennessee, so far this year, was $2.18 on April 20; the lowest was $1.99 on July 5.
- The national average for gasoline was $2.23/g from June 1 – August 31, 2016. The national average fell from $2.38 in June, to as low as $2.12 in August. So far this summer, gas prices averaged $2.30/g since June 1, 2017.
- The Florida average for gasoline was $2.19/g from June 1 – August 31, 2016. The state average fell from $2.35 in June, to as low as $2.05 in August. So far this summer, gas prices averaged $2.24/g since June 1, 2017.
- The Georgia average for gasoline was $2.11/g from June 1 – August 31, 2016. The state average fell from $2.28 in June, to as low as $1.98 in early August. So far this summer, gas prices averaged $2.17/g since June 1, 2017.
- The Tennessee average for gasoline was $2.03/g from June 1 – August 31, 2016. The state average fell from $2.20 in June, to as low as $1.88 in early August. So far this summer, gas prices averaged $2.06/g since June 1, 2017.
- Gasoline prices declined in line with the falling price of crude. Daily WTI settlements dropped from $51.23 in June, to as low as $39.51 in early August. This summer, oil prices have averaged $46.45 per barrel, after ranging from $42.53 – $50.17.
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Highest Price on Record|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at http://www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 120,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.4 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 57.7 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.